Friday 28 March 2014

Models Own Watermelon Lip Balm


Today my Models Own watermelon lip balm arrived in the post! As mentioned in a previous post, I'm pretty obsessed with lip balms and have quite a large collection, but I'm yet to find my "perfect" balm - so the collection keeps increasing! 

This particular lip balm caught my eye after searching the web for watermelon themed clothing and cosmetics. I'm a big fan of Models Own nail polish, and at only £4 I thought I'd give it a shot. 
The delivery arrived within two days (bonus points for that!) and I was quite surprised to open up such a large box for such a small item. The tissue paper the balm was wrapped in was a really nice touch, I love receiving post, and presentation is a very important to me, so for a fairly large company, it meant a lot that they put some form of effort into packaging their products. 






The Balm comes in a bright green compact with mirror - I was actually quite impressed with the quality of the mirror, I've found it to be better than some compacts I've payed £10+ on. My first impressions were that the colour was very pale and that although it smelt fruity, it smelt nothing like watermelon. However after trying the lip balm I was completely won over, it leaves a lovely pink tint to my lips, perfect to apply lipstick over, and although slightly sticky, lasts better than other balms I've tried - I only had to apply 3 times in 18 hours, and for someone who has incredibly dry, chapped lips, this was a huge improvement compared to  previous balms in a similar price range. 

Although still not my perfect balm, it's definitely a keeper and one I'll continue to use frequently. 





Until next time,
Stay Beautiful.
Jessica X 



2 comments:

  1. Ah Models Own have the most amazing products. I love their lip crayons at the moment, they're amazing!

    Jegz xo http://jegz-loves-tea.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour is so dreamy!xo
    Joanne
    www.thelondoniangirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete